Objectives of this year’s course
Semester 1: Full-class courses
- Learning about some of the concepts and processes (Massive digitization, Transcription, etc.).
- Discovering some (soft and hard) skills (Historical data modeling, 3d modeling, etc.).
- Understanding how everything fits together (in the Venice Time Machine project)
- Learning how to write a Digital Humanities abstract by reading and summarising some of them.
- Preparing the group project of semester 2.
Semester 2: Group projects
- Conducting a Digital Humanities group project linked with Venice, or other DHLAB large-scale datasets.
- Writing an academic abstract about the project following the format of the Digital Humanities conferences.
- Presenting the project in front of experts belonging to different disciplines.
The slides and extra contents will be posted on Moodle after each lecture.